Sounds crazy, doesn’t it? How could the place that provided you with shelter for all of these years do this. The same place that has been the backdrop for many of your fondest memories with friends and family, your home could actually be bad for your health, and the culprit is black mold.

Now don’t think I’m crazy, and I’m not describing a scene from a cheesy horror flick. I’m talking about an all too common occurrence known as “Sick House Syndrome” or SHS.

There a number of things that could lead to SHS, but one of the most common causes is black mold. The scientific name is Stachybotrys atra, and it is quite serious. Symptoms include chronic fatigue, headaches, fever, excessive coughing, and eye irritation.

If you ever detect even the slightest mold in your home, call a specialist for further testing. Even if you utilize some DIY cleaning methods, it’s always better to be safe than sorry.

The best way to best way to determine if your home has been sickened by black mold is by getting an evaluation from a San Diego mold inspection company like Orange Restoration.

San Diego Carpet Cleaning and Water Restoration Experts

Rate this post