The recent flooding along the Mississippi River has been quite unsettling for most people to watch on the news or look at in the newspaper and magazines. Unfortunately, no amount of precautionary measures that have stopped the devastation and flood damage caused to those 1000’s of homes.
However, in many less disastrous home flooding situations, there are preventative steps that can be taken to minimize damage. Here’s a list of tips to help you get started:
Protection Inside Your Home
- Fix Leaks
- Seal Cracks in walls, ceilings, and any foundations
- Check for water spots on your ceilings
- Waterproof your walls (interior and exterior)
- Fit your basement with an anti-flood barrier
Protection Outside Your Home
- Clean your gutters (especially after heavy rains and storms)
- Check your downspouts (add extensions if necessary)
- Install suck pumps
- Use permeable pavement
- Install sewer taps
These are a few of the simple, small measures that you can take to prevent flood damage. If you’re interesting in learning more, you should call a specialist like Orange Restoration, the leaders in San Diego flood restoration.
Check out our awesome reviews on YELP!
San Diego Carpet Cleaning and Water Restoration Experts