Does the topic of this post make you scoff?
Did you roll your eyes as you read the words?
Well, there are ways to vacuum a carpet and there are WAYS to vacuum a carpet.
My ideal way is to lay on the couch and watch the cleaning elves do their magic.
What? You don’t have magical cleaning elves? I’d recommend them, they are awesome.
For those of you lacking magical cleaning elves, here are some tips to extend the life of your carpet:
- Try adding some baking soda to your vacuum’s bag to eliminate odors.
- Vacuum your carpet once a week. And if the area is high traffic you may have to vacuum more frequently.
- Even though vacuuming weekly can become an unwelcome chore, pat yourself on the back. You are adding years to your carpet’s life by eliminating gritty particles that can destroy carpet fibers.
- Turn on some music and swing to the beat while vacuuming. Try to divide the floor into sections and do each section at a time.
- You may have to go over a section several times to really pick up all the dirt embedded into the carpet.
- And don’t forget to have your carpet cleaned by the professionals at Orange Restoration once every 6 months.
Check out our awesome reviews on YELP!
San Diego Carpet Cleaning and Water Restoration Experts